I would like to wish the "Taste of Nepal Blog" readers a very Happy Bijaya Dashami 2016 (Ashoj 2073 – Bikram Sambat - Nepali calendar). May the warmth and joy of Dashain fill your heart and home with happiness. Thank you for stopping by and experiencing the cultural, social, and religious exchange during the most auspicious time in Nepal.
Dashain (दशैं) or Badadashain (बडादशैं) or Vijaya or Bijaya Dashami (बिजया दशमी) is the 15 day long national (religious) festival of Nepal. It is the longest and the most auspicious festival in the Nepalese annual calendar, celebrated by Nepalese people throughout the globe. It is not only the longest festival of the country, but it is also the one which is most anticipated. The festival falls around October-November, starting from the bright lunar fortnight and ending on the day of full moon.
Dashain is celebrated for 15 days; the most important days are the 1st, 8th, 9th, 10th, and the 11th. The fifteen days of celebration occur during the bright lunar fortnight ending on the day of the full moon. Dashain is also popularly referred to as Badadashain, Dashera, Vijaya (Bijaya) Dashami etc.
The most important days of Bijaya Dashami
First Day of Dashain - Ghatasthaapanaa - घटस्थापना - October 1, 2016
Day 7 - Fulpaati - (फूल्पाती) - October 8, 2016
Day 8 - Maha Asthami - (महा अश्टमी) - October 9, 2016
Day 9 - Maha Navami - (महा नवमी) - October 10, 2016
Day 10 - Bijaya Dashami - (बिजया दशमी) - October 11, 20116
Here are some informative links about the festival that I hope you will enjoy viewing
1. Sharing video of "Celebrating Phulpaati in Nepal"
Published October 8, 2016 by Incredible Nepal....please click here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SKwKXaJ6xU&feature=youtu.be
2. Phulpaati at Hanuman Dhoka by Avenues TV Nepal - please click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzVL_MYET-0
3. Mangal Dhun created by Sur Sudha for great festival of Bijaya Dashami - please click here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-6U948u7Y&feature=share
4. Part I - Ghatasthapana Puja Vidhi: Jamara Kasari Rakhne “घटस्थापनामा जमरा कसरी राख़्ने ?” : FESTIVALS OF NEPAL - please click here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ipfnmheTWc
5. Part II - Ghatasthapana Puja: “घटस्थापनादेखि दशैँसम्म” Part 2: FESTIVALS OF NEPAL - please click here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx8Zao65iAg